COVID-19 Pandemic

Financial Assistance
Applying for CERB, EI, & Infectious Disease Emergency Leave
Support for Individuals, Families, & Students
Bills & Payment Supports

Housing Services
  • Households and landlords will get housing allowances and rent supplements one week early to assist with cash flow.  

  • There will be no evictions from social housing during this time. 

  • City staff have reached out to hotels and motels that provide temporary emergency accommodation to provide Ottawa Public Health resources for hotel management, staff and clients. Staff are providing ongoing communications to clients at the hotels. 

  • Ottawa Inner City Health is taking an active role in the shelter system and has a mobile assessment van in operation to visit the shelters on rotation, in addition to having a nurse on call for evenings and weekends.  

  • If you are at risk of housing loss due to shelter arrears, call your Ontario Works/ ODSP Caseworker OR call 311 and press 4 for social services and follow the instructions.

Indigenous Services