Wasa-Nabin Youth Program Coordinator
The Odawa Native Friendship Centre
October 21, 2020
The Odawa Native Friendship Centre (ONFC) is a community-based organization that has provided resources and support to urban Indigenous families for over 45 years. ONFC delivers culturally relevant programs and services that empower and build the collective capacity and self-sufficiency of Indigenous families in the Ottawa region.
The Wasa-Nabin program provides urban Indigenous at-risk youth age 13 – 18 with support, tools and healthy activities, which will build upon and foster their inherent ability to make healthy choices. Program areas include Provision of social supports, Youth in Care, Health and Physical development; Education, Justice and Addressing Violence. The Wasa-Nabin Program Coordinator shall be responsible to ensure the development and implementation of a full range of cultural based program services.
· Post- Secondary Diploma or Degree in related field such as the psychology, social services and/or business administration;
· Shall possess work related experience in the social service work area, preferably in youth related positions;
· Must have experience in program planning, development, implementation, data collection and evaluation;
· Must possess strong written and oral communication skills;
· Must possess skills and experience in presenting educational workshops and facilitating groups, in particular Youth;
· Knowledge of social, cultural and recreational needs and interests of children and youth;
· Must have excellent computer skills; Strong working knowledge of MS Word & data entry;
· Must have the ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
· Must have the ability to work as a team player and be capable of coordinating activities with other Friendship Centre programs;
· Must have knowledge of the Friendship Centre and various programs provided throughout the community;
· Must have knowledge of the Indigenous Culture and the social reality that Indigenous youth experience in urban settings;
· Must possess current First-Aid/CPR certification or be willing to be certified;
· A clear Criminal Reference Check (CRC), Vulnerable Sector, will be a condition of the employment offer;
· Candidate may be asked to work flexible hours to deliver programming, this may include weekends
· Must possess a valid driver’s licence with a good driving records; will be required to provide Driver’s Abstract;
Please provide a cover letter and resume to Anita Armstrong, Acting Director of Operations email@example.com. The deadline is Friday, October 30, 2020, at 5:00 pm EST. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.