Parkdale Food Centre - Youth Engagement Coordinator
Parkdale Food Centre
February 17, 2021
Youth Engagement Coordinator
The Youth Engagement Coordinator will be a 20 hours/week position; salary will be commensurate upon experience and prorated from $45,864- $50,960.
This position will be based from home. Safe attendance (following COVID-19 protocols) to the Parkdale Food Centre (PFC) and off site locations, when COVID 19 lockdowns are NOT in place will be expected.
Thirteen A Social Enterprise (13:ASE) is an entrepreneurial program for youth run out of the Parkdale Food Centre. 13:ASE engages youth facing barriers, primarily low-income and new Canadians, in the operation of a social enterprise producing and selling spice blends linked to the cultural backgrounds of participants. By engaging participants in all aspects of the business development and growth, in a collaborative, safe space, 13:ASE gives youth the opportunity to make business decisions, lead events and projects. Ultimately, this program is
aimed at helping them gain strong emotional and social skills as well as confidence in themselves and their future.
Reporting to the Program Manager the Youth Engagement Coordinator will play an integral role
in the continued growth of Thirteen’s social enterprise and in the program’s overall success. The Youth Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Thirteen’s business activities, as well as developing our capacity for growth. In addition, the
Coordinator will be responsible for nurturing strategic partnerships, managing business to business relationships, developing social media content and creating engaging projects with the youth team.
The Parkdale Food Centre is a registered not-for-profit charity staffed by a dedicated team and supported by passionate volunteers. We also rely on a network of community partners who share our vision of an Ottawa where everyone has the means and opportunity to live a healthy,
connected, and fulfilling life. Our mission is simple: to build healthier, more connected Neighbours and neighbourhoods through good food, community partnerships and challenging inequalities to create lasting impacts. This program is a direct effort to challenge inequalities
and create lasting impacts for youth in our community.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Develop new business relationships and communicate with ongoing clients
● Maintain Thirteen’s Shopify website
● Monitor incoming orders and make deliveries
● Book and coordinate events
● Work with Program Manager to develop business/program goals and activities
● Develop engaging hands on learning experiences with the youth team
● Coordinate social media platforms and develop content (Instagram, twitter, facebook)
● Manage customer inquiries and communications (responding to emails, developing a
Skills and Qualifications
● Minimum 2 years related work experience
● Degree or Diploma in Business or equivalent work experience
● Strong sense of initiative and ability to work both independently and collaboratively
● Experience with youth from diverse backgrounds and awareness of immigrant and
ethno-cultural issues in Ottawa
● Experience in anti-racism and/or anti-oppression work/advocacy
● Experience facilitating group trainings
● Familiarity with the non-profit sector and employment training programs/services
● Strong organization, time management, communication (oral and written) problem
solving, and leadership skills required
● Literacy in Google Suite
● A clear Criminal Record Check
● French- English Bilingualism
● Familiarity with shopify or other website development platforms
● Direct experience developing and operating a social enterprise is an asset
● Ability to sort and analyze data (use Microsoft Excel)
***** The Parkdale Food Centre is committed to diversity and inclusivity. We encourage and welcome applications from all of our communities. If at any stage in the selection process you require special accommodation, please let us know the nature of your
requirement. Interested applicants are requested to submit a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st, 2021.