OAC Research Coordinator
Ottawa Aboriginal Coalition
October 10, 2021
$45 hour X 7 hours a day (up to $49,140)
Term: Six month contract (and possible renewal based on funding)
Closing Date: Tuesday October 22nd at 4pm
Required Documents: Cover Letter/CV
Preference would be given to First Nations, Inuit or Métis candidates (please self-identify to
The Ottawa Aboriginal Coalition
The Ottawa Aboriginal Coalition is made up of Executive Directors from the Ottawa Indigenous service organizations in Ottawa. The Coalition meets a number of times throughout the year to identify emerging issues and joint priorities based on their work in the community and provincial and national issues impacting urban Indigenous people. The Coalition works within a Relationship Framework that identifies the key relationships that are built and maintained to ensure that the needs of Indigenous people are addressed in Ottawa. The Coalition is engaged with the broader Ottawa Indigenous community and non-Indigenous partners including hosting a community gathering and Elders’ lunches each year.
Job Summary: Provide research support for OAC research team.
The Ottawa Aboriginal Coalition is currently working on three distinct COVID -19 Research projects including “What has been the impact of COVID 19 on the Ottawa Indigenous community?”
1. Adhere to established Indigenous research methodology, gather and compile data for the research study or project.
2. Modify and adapt research methods, techniques or procedures, based on direction from the OAC Research team
3. Record, classify, and summarize research data according to established procedures.
4. Conduct structured participant interviews and focus groups.
5. Carry out intermediate level statistical analyses using SPSS and NVivo, and working within a working group structure.
6. Contribute to the preparation of data for reports, journal articles, papers, etc.
7. Conduct literature reviews and synthesize findings.
8. Attend weekly OAC Research committee meetings and OAC staff team meetings
9. Perform other related tasks as outlined by the OAC Research team.
Education: Completed a relevant post-secondary degree.
Experience: Minimum of 6 months of related experience in a research environment.
With Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, power points and email
With SPPS and NVivo or equivalents
Excellent verbal and written communication
Ability to work well under limited supervision (weekly meetings)
Interest in Indigenous health and community-based research
Experience with online meetings
Additional Information: Flexibility of working hours at times Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all work is being conducted remotely until further notice.
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 21 per week
Application deadline: 2021-10-22
Expected start date: 2021-10-25