Events Staff (Casual)
JUL. 22, 2019
Are you an events guru who loves customer service? Do you have a flexible availability? We have events galore and we need you to help us deliver superior quality!
Wabano is seeking positive, community-minded team members who are energized by challenge and motivated to serve our community.
The Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health has a Wabano Event Centre that includes modern event hall rentals and rooms with catering options for meetings, conferences, galas, weddings, concerts and private parties. All proceeds from our Event Centre provide funding for our valuable community programming and services provided by Wabano to the Ottawa Indigenous community.
Wabano is seeking casual staff with availability during daytime business hours Monday to Friday and some evening and weekend availability.
Purpose of Position
Casual Events staff assist in event setup, delivery and closure, including but not limited to: moving, lifting and placing furniture, catering preparations, food service, event clean up and kitchen assistance.
Some of the responsibilities of this position are:
- Assist in event preparations, delivery and closure;
- Interact with guests to provide high quality service delivery that exceeds guest needs;
- Assist with third party contractors in locations and preparation;
- Assist in the kitchen by washing dishes and putting away items;
- Other food service and kitchen assistance as required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred;
- Evidence of high quality customer service skills and communication skills;
- Helper extraordinaire who is great at multi- tasking and thrives in busy environment;
- Experience accepting and following directions while knowing how and when to prioritize;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Smart Serve certification an asset;
- Safe Food Handling certificate an asset.
First Nations, Inuit or Métis candidates will be given priority, please self-identify.
To pursue this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.