Director of Programs
Inuuqatigiit Centre for Inuit Children, Youth and Families
March 12, 2021
Director of Programs
Inuuqatigiit Centre for Inuit Children, Youth and Families is a Non-Profit Inuit organization that provides culturally relevant programs and services in a safe space to Inuit children, youth and their families living in Ottawa and within the province of Ontario. The Centre serves as a major hub for Inuit families in Ottawa. Inuuqatigiit Centre is dedicated ensuring that our programs are offered in a caring, respectful, and
collaborative environment that fosters strong and proud Inuit children and families.
Position: Director of Programs Full-Time Indeterminate position
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Director of Programs is responsible for the delivery of all Inuuqatigiit Centre programs and services (with the exception of Early Years) and meeting project deliverables and/or program goals while supporting the
vision and mandate of Inuuqatigiit Centre.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct the delivery of high-quality programs and services in keeping with all funder and partner agreements;
• Approve all Inuuqatigiit Centre project/program workplans and direct their application to achieve expected results;
• Integrate Inuit culture and language in all aspects of programming;
• Direct and supervise the application of legislative requirements and Inuuqatigiit Centre policies, procedures, and tools;
• Develop and implement risk management strategies;
• Provide leadership, coaching and supervision of direct reports;
• Work with staff to implement project/program initiatives and special projects, including, but not limited to staff training, improved communication, community outreach strategies, and advocacy efforts;
• Meet all evaluation and reporting requirements including overseeing quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis (i.e. maintaining project statistics, meeting project targets, creating surveys);
• Provide reports to the Executive Director and other parties on
programs/projects as required;
• Work with other directors and managers to identify new needs and, in collaboration with the Executive Director, develop systems, protocols, and policies to address those needs;
• Manage human resources, support hiring process for staff in keeping with Inuuqatigiit Centre policies and procedures, overseeing the process for annual performance reviews and addressing ineffective performance.
• Develop funding proposals in collaboration with the executive and management team.
• Develop and monitor projects/programs budgets and work closely with project/program managers and the Director of Finance and Administration.
• Represent Inuuqatigiit Centre at meetings, presentations and conferences with stakeholders including partner agencies, funders and government.
• Engage with various agencies and stakeholders to develop and strengthen high quality programs and services.
• Collaborate with staff in developing, locating, and organizing staff training and capacity building opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Degree in related field or an acceptable equivalent;
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in senior project/program management;
• Experience in community planning, outreach, program deliver and quality assurance;
• Experience in effectively managing human and financial resources;
• Knowledge of Inuit and non-Inuit community services and supports;
• Knowledge of the Inuit culture and community;
• Fluency in Inuktitut an asset;
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
• Ability to function effectively in a high-stress, high noise environment;
• Ability to respond effectively in crisis situations;
• Excellent proposal writing skills;
• Effective leadership skills;
• Experience working with Inuit or Indigenous communities an asset;
• Inuit descent preferred;
• Knowledge of the needs of Inuit children and families;
• Strong organizational, program planning, evaluation, fiscal management, and problem-solving skills
Please apply to: email@example.com
Shelley Watkin, HR Manager
230 McArthur Ave.
Ottawa, ON K1L 6P5
When two equally qualified candidates are considered for the same position, preference will be given to the candidate of Inuit descent. We thank all who apply for this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is dependent upon funding approval.